Monday, October 20, 2008

10 Things...

Okay so I am trying to forgive Maxie. He IS asleep against my left leg right now. My parents want US to try and train him out of this CUJO phase first, so every time he bears his fangs, he is to be put behind the gate in his room...he hates to be locked up, so they hope this will teach him, you Cujo, you get locked up. And if he does get nasty after a few weeks still, pro trainer time. I hope he can do it with our help...I am still a little leary around him right now, but I hope it is just because it is still so fresh. Right?

Anyways:

I saw this on Shark Bait's blog and she tags anyone who read it (that's illegal right?), so here goes!

10 Things I Remember From Growing Up

1. My Little Ponies - loved them, even saw some of the movies, watched the show,etc.
2. Shrinky Dinks!! - you remember (hopefully), you colored them in, then baked them in the oven and they shrunk, and it was like...whhoooooaaaa awesome!!
3. Barbies - okay obsessed I was, still have a bunch if I ever did get married and have kids
4. Glo-Worm - I had this lil glow in the dark caterpillar forever!! He slept with me every night.
5. Lisa Frank stickers - they were THE stickers to have!!
6. Christopher Pike books - I STILL read them...and R.L. Stine's Fear Street series too! They rocked!!
7. Popples - they were stuffed toys that you could tuck into a ball...and then they had their own tv show!

8. Cabbage Patch Kids - they were the Tickle Me Elmo of my age group! We couldn't afford them at first so my Mom MADE us Moravec-Patch dolls. I still have mine! And then Grandma surprised up one year and got them for us girls!! We were so psyched! My doll had red hair...hmm maybe thats when I decided red was for me!
9. Annie the movie. It was my all time favorite movie! I have it practically memorized!!
10. The Smurfs - best tv show as a kid ever!


SOOOOO If you read this (DO NOT CHEAT AND LEAVE NOW!!!) you are now tagged! What do YOU remember from when you were growing up?

14 meaningful meanderings:

Amander said...

Wow, this post took me way back. Thanks for the memories! I LOVED Glo-worms, Popples, Barbies, Ponies, and R.L. Stein! I miss being a kid!

Wendyburd1 said...

The good ole days...when all we had to worry about was sneaking a flashlight into our rooms so we could read under the sheets!

*MARY* said...

I loved this stuff too, but never had any of it cause I was poor. But sometimes my friends let me hold their cabage patch kid and let me have a liz frank sticker.

Jillene said...

Oh I remember all of these things so well. I especially remember all of the moms fighting--and I mean punching, kicking, knocking down each other--to get them!!

Kristina P. said...

I have never even heard of a Popple. It sort of scares me. But I had a bald, black Cabbage Patch boy. I was super hip.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Love this! I remember EVERY ONE OF THOSE! Such memories..I think I'm going to take this tag..and post my own. Thanks for sharing!

KT said...

Okay, that brought back SO many memories! I do plan to do this tag, but I have like three other tags backed up. Can I multi-tag on one blog?

Alyson | New England Living said...

I was sooo into almost all of those things. I got the cabbage patch doll when I was 7 at Christmas, the year they were HUGE. I did not want to put it down. Wanted to take it to church that day. My mom wouldn't let me because she knew that many moms couldn't get their hands on the dolls and the girls would be jealous. I was mad, but as a mom now I get it.

Brigitte said...

This brought back so many memories! I had forgotten about Popples! And we were too poor for the real Cabbage Patch Kids too... my momma made us some knock offs. Haha... How much could they have been though? A Hundred bucks?

And Lisa Frank!! I even had Lisa Frank diaries.

Ahh... the good old days.

Wendyburd1 said...

KT - I have seen people do like 8 tags in one post!

I loved this tag, it really was memory invoking!

tiki_lady said...

wow, that was a true trip down memory lane. Loved it!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this post! It brings back so many happy memories of my childhood. I haven't thought of some of those things, like Lisa Frank stickers, forever!

Denise said...

I remember all of those things. I especially loved Shrinky Dinks

rychelle said...

wow. i haven't seen a popple in FOREVER!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such