Friday, October 3, 2008

Yay, whoopee, and Yowza!!

I have a third follower, and this one really counts because it's not someone I've seen in church face to face! So Yay! *does a jig* And yay to all the other new blogger friends I am making, you guys rock! I haven't met this many nice people...well ever. And you are all making me feel so welcome and aren't being thrown off by my being so upfront about my depression and other disorders. I had figured if I was upfront right away, people could decide if that scared them off right then and there, and I wouldn't have to worry about starting to really care for someone only to be hurt later if they rejected me or whatever, does that make sense?
Cuz when I decide to like you, I am SO there for you and will really be a friend. I take the word friend seriously, I guess because I'd want the same. And so while I am very naive in some aspects due to circumstances, in others I feel like I am an old soul and have a lot to contribute. And the ones I am not so knowledgeable on, well isn't that what good friends are for?
So when I saw Flunkies, I mean Followers was at 3, and there were 7 comments on my last post, I felt like celebrating! I really only can do a jig because I cannot dance. Which is weird, I took dance lessons for 8 years but sooo not the same. So here's my jig. And a cute panda pic to say Thanks for being awesome!!

*Photo taken by my friend Matt from Facebook and YPP Pirates...he has been to like 10 other countries...I think this was his China trip.

4 meaningful meanderings:

Brigitte said...

You and I think a lot the same. I like to be upfront and put it all out on the table so people can walk away from me without me being offended because, hey - I never got to know them anyways!

I was gonna comment the other day but my kiddies are sick so I've been away from the computer... but I have depression too. Reading your poems reminded me a lot of some that I wrote a few years back. I've felt the same things! I've been stable for a few years now but I've had some really rough patches. Don't think you are alone. SO many people have had those feelings too and things can get better. {{hugs}} I think blogging can be a great outlet for you and a wonderful support. Yea for blogging!

Kristina P. said...

Wendy, I don't really do the blog following thing, but I am following you.

Rowboat said...

yeah, i don't do the blog following thing either, but you're in my reader.

Wendyburd1 said...

Brig - That was my feelings exactly! It's so nice to hear others say they understand and have felt the same way. Any I really appreciate you saying I'm not alone. Because I struggle with feeling that way everyday. I'm hoping this will be good for me and the fact that most of the people I am really liking are all turning out to be mormon too, it just makes me feel I can be really myself. Not that all mormons are understanding like you, I've had some members who just, they're like Tom Cruise, theres no such thing as depression, you're just doing this for attention...yeah right. For 10 years now?! But everyone who I have been talking with, are just so nice, it has made blogging feel like the best idea I've had in a long time!

Kristina & Row - thanks for following me, you guys are the best!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such