Sunday, October 26, 2008

Poem - Hunger

Hunger

So Hungry to find a place to feel safe and welcome
Craving a connection of some manner, one that counts
Famished to feel anothers' hand when I blindly reach out
Starving to be accepted for the mess that is me
Ravenous for a friend who I can let go with
Wishing this great hunger could be met.

So Hungry to stop feeling so alone in a swarm
Craving the instinct to be what's expected
Famished to feel the blessings of those I admire
Starving to be whoever I was meant to be
Ravenous for the knowledge of where to go from here
Wishing the Hunger, wasn't so great.

by W.M.M.


3 meaningful meanderings:

Whitney R said...

You write very well. I wish I could express the way I feel the way you can.

I hope you know that we accept you :) We are all just one big mess.

Brigitte said...

I'm glad you write down these feelings. Poetry can be such a good way to release all that.

You're not alone in these feelings either. Everyone wants to be accepted. It's so normal.

tiki_lady said...

very nice, deep and thought provoking. I love how you can express your feelings

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such