Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lil Rebel Red...

So I have decided what I am going to be for Halloween this year. I don't care how old I get, it doesn't feel like Halloween unless you dress up SOMEHOW. Last year I didn't get anything and my sister Sandy dressed up like a gothic rag doll, and I was like....I am soooo jealous...dress me up like one too! The NIGHT of Halloween. I knew I wasn't going anywhere, just handing out candy...but it just MAKES the night! And Katie got in on it too...the pictures were...interesting, LOL!

SO when I was out at Walmart today, I decided to see what they had. I mean I knew they wouldn't have much for me, I am no size 4 young girl, who can fit in a tiny pirate dress...I have a fuller figure. And I am unwilling to slap down $50+ to get a costume from IParty, no matter how much I WANT to have the cute goth fairy or queen of hearts costumes. ( I do have a pair of fairy wings though...SO pretty! I am obsessed with Tinkerbell, I AM Wendy...plus they don't sell Wendy stuff, so Tink is my go to gal). Anywho, as I passed on even looking at sizes for hooker vampires and maids, and ran from the Woopie Cushion costume, I saw some capes and stuff. And then I found a long Red hooded cape, supposedly if you wanted to be a vampire princess, but I was like "Little Red Riding Hood"! And I figured I could make her more interesting with these arm things you pull on and it looks like you have full sleeve tats (tattoo's for the...slow, LOL) on both arms. And I am gonna wear my plaid skirt with the skull on the side and some cool tights and my lil faux-mary janes with sparkly skulls as the clasps. And I figured I might do my make-up with really goth eyes or something like that...and so Lil Rebel Red was born! I dunno, maybe it will look cute, or maybe I will look like a big geek, but Halloween is for fun!! And I want to feel more a part of it this year. Just handing out candy (oh and eating it too, like every time the bell rings...and one for you and one for you...and one for me) is no fun. And things have been so crazy, we don't have our decorations up yet (sadddd) and my ghost clip ons that go on my shoes and flash red with every step are with the decorations...I'm sorry, I am just a big kid, what can I say?!

And Sandy decided to all my her lonesome, decide that Max would be a pumpkin, she got an orange dog shirt with a face on the back...okay lame unless we get him a hat or something. I'm sorry but JUST the shirt?! Last year it was okay, because it was black with glow in the dark bones...he was Bone Daddy, but this is SO uncreative! The first year he was a bat, he was lil so it was a thing that just went around his neck like a collar, and it had wings. Year two, he was 007, James Bond, I made the "007" onto a white dog tee and my Mom made a black bow tie, and we posed him with a martini glass...he was SO cute! And then he was a biker dog. A black rolling stones dog tee, and a Harley Davidson dog hat...he hated that hate with a passion, but he looked SO cute!

So we will have the Adventures of Lil Rebel Red and her faithful sidekick... Pumpkin Boy?? Oh we have to find a hat or something...a plain tee cannot be done two years straight...it's just not imaginative!! Anyone else got costume plans? Do tell!

7 meaningful meanderings:

Just SO said...

I love the idea of your costume! I bet you will look rockin.

I think it's fun to dress up too but I usually don't. I'm a kill joy that way.

Amander said...

Wow, little rebel red, very original.

I usually dress up, but for some reason since I started working full time I have much less motivation to make a costume for an hour or two.

Max's outfits sound cute!

Jillene said...

LOVE your costume idea!! How fun!! I want to see some pics though!!

If I tried to dress up my Max my hubby would have a compleete stroke!!

I am going as my usual--Witch. And the best part--I don't even need a costume!! (0;

My kids however will be Count Dracula, A cat and a witch.

Kristina P. said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!

Whitney R said...

I'm excited to see the picture of this outfit!

I have to be at the Ward Halloween carnival because I'm a YW adviser. I wanted to go to a party! But I really really want to hit the haunted house this year. I love getting scared.

rychelle said...

i'm dog sitting this halloween.
i hope all the pups have their costumes ready.

Wendyburd1 said...

Aww dog-sitting and a WARD party the actual night of Halloween?! Bummer! Take pics though...I love pictures, LOL!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such