Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ramblings....and a Harbinger!!

I have names swimming around my head like lil fish...and they talk! They will NOT shut up. I went to my Mom's work today...as I will Wednesday, Thursday and Friday....tired just thinking about it. She is being overloaded at work, and as Staff Development Nurse for over 240 staff members...you could say she is a little overwhelmed by what they decided to pile on her recently. She needs to input inservices, fix story boards, find out what EVERY single employee owes her IN inservices and get them the paperwork to have it down before 2008 is over. Plus they want projection calendars for ALL of 2009 and like 5 other things....by this Friday. Yeah....turds. So today we went through all 240 employees and figured out if they were missing mandatory inservices and/or IV inservices. These are state mandated requirements and all holy Hell could rain upom MY Mom if the State came in and 2008 wasn't ship-shape.
So I have intimate knowledge of 240 people's names and I don't even KNOW them! Nancy Alfeir you owe 3 IV's, Luz Santiago you owe all 12 mandatories and 4 IV's...etc, etc. I have Naiga's and Stephanie's and Roberta's flying about my brain....going AMOK!!! Get the NAMES OUT!!!

Anywho...let's get to a more FUN, Halloween-y subject. This one is...odd...but FUNNY. I think. Or maybe I just think you all are sick enough to find this HIGHLY entertaining...well Kristina will....so it's worth it already!;) Oh and Whit...sick twisted HIGH SHOOLer that she is...yup, gotta do it. Just remember...NO, this is NOT a subject I would normally converse on, it even makes me a wee uncomfortable...but in this ONE instance...I think you will pee your pants laugh. If you are funny anyway.

"Know Your Harbingers of Impending Doom: Boobies

Not the sea birds found primarily near warm waters - the fatty deposits that grace the chests of mature human females. Jugs. Melons. And while it's hard to imagine anything bad coming from something so good, there's an unfortunate horror movie phenomenon. Titsonics, that turns boobies into bouncy death traps.

In the Terrorverse, young women's breastsemit a high-frequency sound (measured in mammahertz) that only horror movie villains can hear. The sounds attracts them - not because they want a peek, but because they know that naked breasts indicate the presence of at least one highly distracted or highly vulnerable victim. The bigger the boobies, the louder the noise. And when those boobies are squeezed (say, by the fumbling hands of a young male), they get louder still.

Therefore, the only safe boobies are untouched, well-covered boobies. And well-covered means buried beneath enough clothing to muffle their sound (i.e. NO tank tops). In fact, the ideal outfit for a young woman would be a parka, over a ski jacket, over two sweatshirts, over two bras - with the nippages (ok yes I CHANGED this word) duct taped for good measure. But take heart, ladies. The moment you hit 23, your Titsonic profile becomes dramatically lower. And once you have a kid, it disappears forever."
- another excerpt from How to Survive a Horror Movie-

So I felt I HAD to make you all aware of the ramifications of being a female...especially in a scary situatuon. But DO know, I HATE even the word "boobies", so "breasts" (see I NEVER said/typed it...in quotes, so NOT my word) is NOT going to ever be a word I throw around. Nor any term for said nippages.
I refer to them as chest's (pronounched - chest-es-ez)...I am serious.
Do not mock me please. Not everyone is THAT comfy with....words. Oh, shut up. This is what I get for feeling I have to share stories.

14 meaningful meanderings:

ktmay said...

first off- sorry you have to WORK.
yuck.
who likes working?
NOT ME!!!
it's 8am and i am eating doritos, drinking diet dr. thunder (walmart's cheaper version of dr. pepper) and wondering what i should do today.
OH-
i hate those words too!
i can barely say the names for any of the "private parts" on the human body. just not in my comfort zone.
my husband likes using all kinds of words. he has no such hang-ups in that department. makes me squirm and giggle like a middle schooler.
or i swat at him and say "you are so BAD!"
so yeah, we totally have stuff in common!!!!
stuff in common= instant Best buds.
me+you=YIPPEEEEEEE
yes, i can be gay sometimes.
most of the time actually.
can ya dig that?
i feel so relieved after reading this, though. scary stuff scares the crud out of me.
horror movies-not for me. can't do it. i'd have the heebie jeebies for weeks.
so i should be thankful i have 32 year old A cup (barely) chestisses that have fed 2 children. (well, i tried to nurse. that counts)
no psycho (or any man really) is going to "lose it" over these little bitty thangs.
(life long member of the little bitty titty comittee)

ktmay said...

that was a book

Jillene said...

I will make sure to keep my breastesez all covered up this Halloween!! Thanks for the advice!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I've had kids, so I'm all good. No freaky super villians coming after me.

Gillie said...

I'm not sure I want to expose the girls to such bawdy talk on the internet, but thanks to your story I'm going to have to keep them under wraps this halloween. I'm what you might consider top heavy. Generally petite with a couple of DD's hanging around. I guess it's a good thing that I never tried to nurse my adopted son, because I'm sure I wouldn't have fit through a doorway.

Anonymous said...

this is seriously becoming one of my top fav. blog reads ! needed the humor today and that baby making thing cracks me up!!!

Anonymous said...

Gravity is our worst nightmare! It's not bad enough that Mother Nature starts reaping her nasty vengence after the early 20's but to have them sore while 'Aunt Flo' is visiting... They are just a down right inconvenience!

Wendy said...

BOOBS! Breast's! Nipples! Cleavage! OK Just had to tease you, you made me do it

KT said...

What if I never had "boobies" to begin with? I just had a baby and I'm breastfeeding and I'm still MAYBE a B cup, and that's pushing it. I can't wait when I stop and I go back to looking like a 10 year old girl again.

Misti said...

That was too funny! I'm safe, have a kid that is still using them... but in my 20's, boy howdy were they LOUD!!

rerah968 said...

I guess this means I can't run around with hardly any clothes on now. Dang!! :)

Whitney R said...

Hmmmm.... I like the word, tots.

Brigitte said...

So how do you feel about the word TITS?

*cringe*

That's the one I hate.

Wendyburd1 said...

Katie - you rock!My sisters love to throw around all sorts of words too and I cringe! I DIG it, LOL! I am well over 23, so safer...thanks to my Grandma though...I am LOUD. Dang it!LOL

Whit...did you mean to say tots? If so, good, if not...WHITNEY!!:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such