Friday, October 31, 2008

Smart...

I am just typing a QUICK (you here that you in my head? QUICK...listen to ME!) post because I HAVE to. No really!
When I started my blog...I had no idea what it was going to be like...if it would end up being mostly lame like myspace is, or what not. I just posted a post because everyone else seemed to be so INTO starting blogs...so that was my reason. And then I found a few blogs that made me laugh...and freakiest thing happened. All the ones I found initially...wound up Mormon! I was like Holy Freaky!! Because yes...I am Mormon...but I didn't set out looking for Mormon blogs. I was looking for people as obsessed with movies as I AM! So I clicked on "too many to name", which is what I have under my "fave movies" and started clicking on a couple of blogs...just the ones that sounded kind of cool. And the first one I click on...saw an LDS tag on it. I was like "oooh weird..." but in a good way. And then the next one that didn't bore me (LOL), it turned out she mentioned sacrament meeting...and I was "Say Whaaaaa?" and sure enough, she talked about a baby being blessed in church. And finally found an outright MORMON mention. Anyway, it was just like an eerie in a cool way thing...everyone I found initially was Mormon too. And it was all by accident that I found them...and that they were the people that seemed cool to me.

Now I have been blogging for over a month now, and I have found some non-LDS friends too...I just... let me get to my point. Like I told someone in an email tonight...I ramble....and I flit. One subject to another...it makes sense to ME!! Geez...lemme try to get my point across before my brain beats me at my own game!

So blogging had started out as a "just sign up"...maybe a few people I know will read it...or I will just delete it like a million other things. And then I found people who made me laugh. Made me cry (in the good sense). Made me look forward to something...and that is hard for me lately...and a lot of the time throughout my life. And then people started responding to me (which was SO weird) and liked what I had to say. And so I clicked on their blogs and found some new friends.

I found FRIENDS. That is my point. Starting this blog was the smartest decision I have made in a LONG time. And yes, it was purely accidentally this smart, but it was smart none the less. I have made some really good friends on here, something I don't ever take lightly. And I want them, YOU, all,to know how glad I am that I, on a whim, did this. I may be pessimistically optimistic...but I am SO glad I meandered this way! You guys ALL rock. Thus far (oh wait okay one not the nicest rant at me) I haven't met anyone who isn't nice and fun and thoughtful! Obviously this MUST have been meant to be. I am very happy with you Blog...keep up the good work! We are so happy together!

P.S. While I HAVE only been to one concert, I have seen these guys live and in person. Thank you Epcot in Disney World. These guys (or kinda sorta fogey's) rocked!! Love this song!

6 meaningful meanderings:

tiki_lady said...

oh that is so sweet! I am not sure how or through who you found me through, but I am sure glad you did.

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad you started blogging! There really are connections that are made with people.

Rowboat said...

yes, i LOVE how blogging brings people together!

Jessica D. said...

I'm glad you made your blog and we all got a chance to meet you and see a sneak peek of your life even if it is just online! I think the internet really is amazing, and think of all the people we would never know without it. I know blogging is very cathartic for me, having people comment and getting to know people is just a bonus!

Keep on with your fabulous blogs and hope you have a great Halloween!

Best,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the way you've jumped in to the blogosphere with both feet. I've been writing in my own blog for a couple of years, but it's only been the last couple of months that I've really ventured out there myself. We moved, and I guess I'm looking for connections that I miss from home. Anyoo...

Nice to meet ya!

Brigitte said...

It is kind of crazy to sit back and think of how the internet has changed relationships and social interactions in the world today. But then again I majored in Sociology so that kind of thing gets me thinkin...

But I too am glad you started blogging and stalked me. {{hugs}} I think it's easier sometimes to make friends through the internet because you get to know the personalities faster. Yea for blogging!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such