Saturday, October 18, 2008

Graveyards and Swings!!


Yes I was guilted! Guilted and/or conned! Around 5pm Katie went to my room and asked if I wanted to go to the Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce. I was like "No THANKS!", and she left. I decided to go downstairs and overheard both my sisters and Sandy asked Kat, "what did she say" and I answered for myself, " I said NO". And Sandy started on how it was gonna be SO fun, that they were getting the special passes to do the Graveyard AND go on the regular park rides and how it would be the SISTERS...yeah she IS good. I started feeling left out...do not get me wrong...I was freaking out at the thought of the Haunted Graveyard, but rides at NIGHT, and a night that was a Sisters night...yeah it got to me. But I was still reluctant. So Sandy and Katie started making promises. "We promise if you go, we will walk on either side of you the WHOLE Graveyard, and hold your hands, so it will be less scary. You won't EVER be left alone and we will be there to make sure you're okay", etc, etc...so what's a girl to do? I CAVED. It was like 45 degrees out so I put on a long tee, a tee, a sweater, a jacket, mittens, a scarf and my hat...it is COLD here...a cold front moved in...it's supposed to get down to 32 at night...that's officially freezing!
So we got there, bought our special tickets, and they made us PICK a time to go to the graveyard. It was 7, so we chose 10pm, since it was open til midnight, but the rides closed at 11. And we walked to the swings, MY FAVE RIDE!! And yeah...swinging high up in the air, with it being that cold...made it colder with that breeze going round and round, but it was so exhilarating and so cool at night! Sandy was frozen, but Katie and I went on again immediately! Then we convinced Sandy to go on the Rotor. I hadn't been on in years, but I used to think it was cool. You are in a round room, open ceiling, and you have to keep your feet and back against the wall, because it starts spinning SO fast and the floor disappears, and you are like splattered to the walls, the force is so intense. The operator told us not to freak out if we started falling doen the wall, the coats were causing this and no it had nothing to do with our weight...but I was NOT expecting to be one of the people falling DOWN. Plus I was kinda nauseous. Sandy HATED it, when I was slipping down she grabbed my hand but couldn't move, and I don't think she liked having NO control. She said "NO!!!" when Katie asked her if she wanted to go on again.LOL! So we went by Zoomerang, a roller coaster, and I saw their eyes gleam, so I was like Just Go...I will wait HERE. I HATE roller coasters! They have made me go on ones in the past, sure this one I wouldn't hate...they have been wrong ALL times...including the Zoomerang!! No I don't want to go on a ride that goes upside down multiple times!!And in the dark!! Uh...no!
So then we went on a kiddie ride, where you move the wood "sail" as you spin so you move back and forth...it was actually cute and really fun!LOL! Then we were a little famished, so Kat got a pretzel, Sam got glazed almonds and I had a churro. Mmmm so good. They wouldn't let me finish it though!! Sam was SARGE, and said Noooo, it will make you sick, you had a gastric bypass AND you are a diabetic. Mehmeh meh meh meh. So she took my churro and gave me Kat's pretzel...meanies!! So then we did the Pirate Ship...it was mostly fun, but my stomach kept going into my throat...and I felt kinda throw uppey...yeah I think it was the churro...SHUT IT Sam (not that either of them read my blog)!! And then we did the Twister...it used to be in the dark inside a dome...you couldn't SEE anything...but that turned out to be bad, when a worker got caught on the ride and was dragged and then slammed into the wall...and died....yeah. It's kinda like the Tea Cups in Disney World, but you are in this sphere with 3 other people and the whole ride spins you at an angle...so I was closing my eyes to keep my lunch down...I ended up enjoying the COLD breeze...it was pure Fall. So it stopped and everyone else got up...but our bars wouldn't go up...and we were yelling "Hello!! Mister?? We can't get out" like 5 times before he fially heard it and released us. Stupid ride! Then my sisters convinced me to TRY the Tunder and Lightning. Yeah look at it. Except also picture night, and this thing goes up WAY far. Oh Wendy it's just a BIG swing! Ahhhh. You sit in seats where you have to be strapped in because you will be like floorless! This thing takes you SO far up in the air...going backwards is kinda cool, you are so far up in the sky and see all the stars, but then you are FACING DOWN...and down is so far AWAY..and your butt kinda leaves the seat part and DOWNNNN you go...that made me scream every time...and Sandy's clos your eyes...nope...don't do that! So when we got off, I reluctantly admitted, okay that WAS kinda cool....okay one more time. And we did. Then we passed Boulder Dash, Voted World's #1 Wooden Coaster, and I was like...yeah you GO! And Sam gave me 10 bucks and told me to go play a game or two. So I went a lil further and found some games. Wow, pull a string and whatever that string says, you win that prize...yeah I picked small and have a tiny purple ape...fits in my fist. Then I did the pick 2 ducks and the total number (under the ducks) determines your prize. The guy showed me a duck (it had an 8!) and put it back in the circular moving pool and said go. Uhmmm I picked up the duck HE just put down...hello an 8!...and another, a 7, and that gets a X-large prize...the excitement lasted until I was given a blowfish the size of a cantaloupe...yeah JUMBO is the cool BIG prizes....rrrrrrr. The there was this Pong Ball challenge. $5 got you an entire bucket of ping pong balls and you get ONE in one of the floating cups in the 2 mini pools and you WIN a jumbo alligator...so I watched a kid maybe 12 do it first...and he did it, so I was like if he can, I can too....BLOODY heck!! I was wrong...so wrong...bloody bouncy ping pong balls!! Then all 3 of us did Whack A Mole...stupid guy won...and it was a cute purple teddy bear wearing a hoodie....I wanted one! So we waited for a HUGE bunch of guys to go first (like we coulda beat that many guys) and we got to go by ourselves and I WON!! Yes Sandy named him, he is Lord Byron. So we got hot chocolates and then went on the swing one more time before heading towards the haunted Graveyard...eeeeekk! The line was HUGE! So much for "picking" a time. We waited for like half an hour...and apparently the don't allow stuffed animals so I zipped Lord Byron inside my jacket...he was gonna help protect me!! So once we were allowed inside the castle, I unzipped my jacket enough so his head was out...watching my front. The hallways and trails proved too narrow so we held hands and Sandy or Katie led, and then one was behind me too. I actually did really good...but I am pretty sure I know why. It was SO crowded (last year we went at 7:30) that people were always in front of us AND behind us...so the actors as they call them, were scaring them and we saw it...sure there were a lot more, bu Sandy kept jerking and screaming, it kinda distracted me, AND they kept going after HER! They had changed things up, some new "houses", but it was so crowded it was hard to enjoy it...and this is supposed to last 45 minutes to an hour (it IS $17/person!), but we were out in 25 minutes...that was lame. And they had an op art room WITH a strobe light (no Scream killer though) and it was actually cool, and a swirling room where you had to single file across a bridge and you felt like you were going to fall. It was TRIPPY. So I am pretty sure, the sucky crowded throng...was why I was OKAY! LOL! Katie wants to go to some Manor next Friday, the scariest haunted house in New England....and I was like Not Gonna Happen...THE scariest....yeah...no.
It was 11 pm, so we decided to leave and have dinner at a Diner. We had hot chocolate and I had soup and grilled cheese...it was SO good...and warm!! We got home about 12:30 am...Maxie was so excited to see us! I had fun, I am so glad I didn't miss out on Sisters Night!!

6 meaningful meanderings:

Deb said...

your entire post gave me vertigo. i hate, detest, despise the swings.or any spinny-roundy ride. i do a lot of walking and watching at amusement parks. sounds like a really fun time... now aren't you glad you went? hope you have your email issue resolved.

Jillene said...

I don't like spinny-a-round rides either!! I would have puked!! I am glad that you went and had a fun sisters night!!

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!

tiki_lady said...

OOOHHH, eek! I used to love rides that would spin. I can not do those rides any more! I'm glad you had so much fun with your sisters!

Wendyburd1 said...

It WAS a great night...I was quite nauseous a lot, but NO regrets!

MedSchoolWife said...

Awww, I miss Lake Compounce! I'm glad you caved and decided to go :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such