Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Seriously People, PAy AtTEntTIon

"Ten Things to Never, Ever, Ever...Put in a Child's Room

1)Any representation of a clown. Whether it's stuffed, painted or otherwise.

2)Indoor Playtents. Anything that obstructs the child's view of the room (or your view of the child) is no good.

3)Windows. In Horror Movies, windows are what kids get snatched out of by vampires and scary trees.

4)Doors. Does this sound familiar? You hear the children screaming and run to the room, only to have the door slammed in your face by whatever ghost is about to eat out their soul.

5)One of those toy Monkeys that bang cymbals together. These serve absolutely no purpose other than coming to life when something scary is about to happen.

6)Framed Photographs of Dead Relatives. Or photographs of any dead people, for that matter. It doesn't matter if the images are Abe Lincoln or Mother Teresa.

7) Ouija Boards. Come On!!

8) Any Crucifix featuring an open eyed Jesus. Directors love cutting to "creepy
creepy pupils Jesus to build dramatic tension. Don't Hand them an invitation!

9) Beds with more then 4 inches between the box spring and floor. The bed's legs should also be chained to the floor, and younger kids should sleep wearing a climbing harness tethered to a secured steel cable (in case of an attempted spritual abduction).

10) Closets. What are you, CRAZY? Nail the door shut and buy a dresser!"

-courtesy of How To Survive a Horror Movie-

Seriously people!! You know you are all thinking back...."Don't go in the Light Carol Ann"!!

17 meaningful meanderings:

Jules AF said...

I was watching Chucky once sitting next to a bed with a huge space under it. It scared the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

that is funny...and great advice!

Kristina P. said...

What about a cage to keep them in when they are sleeping?

Michelle said...

Haahahahahahahaaaa!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I agree with the clown! I watched "Poltergeist" when I was 6 or 7. After that, I had to move my full-sized ragedy anne outside of my room before I'd go to sleep.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Oh my gosh! Just saw you on facebook! You're friends with Corina and Kim Rice. They're both in my ward! Just sent you a friend request.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll just have to stuff my kiddos under my bed!

Unknown said...

I have everything on the list except for the crucifix and the open eyed plastic Jesus.

Most days, I feel like my kids are the terrors in my house.

Jillene said...

I played with a Ouiji board once. It was some SCARY shiz!!

Dads(2) said...

Cage is good--Great idea Kristina P.

Wendyburd1 said...

SNAKKES could get in....so could ghosts...you HAVE seen Poltergeist right? It would eat that cage right up!!

Whitney R said...

Isn't there a scary movie with a person pretending to look like a clown and standing still in a bedroom and getting in that way?


It's late.. I'm tired... and am a bit scared...

I'm such a SCARDY CAT!

Mary said...

I really DON'T like scary movies...especially one's about aliens or ghosts. If I think about "Signs" for too long, I will have nightmares for weeks.

Brigitte said...

hahaha. What a great list! Maybe I'll have to read that book after all.

rychelle said...

i had clown paintings in my nursery.
i am seeking therapy for it now.

Misti said...

Clowns are CREEPY!

Wendyburd1 said...

Rychelle -AHHH! They had them in my childhood doctors...BAD clowns!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such