Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sugar Cookies

So we decided to bake out first batch of Christmas cookies today, but we just did the sugar cookies, and will probably make them again.

It was nice playing Christmas music as we played with cookie cutters and Katie got flour everywhere, even on the floor! LOL! Sandy kept on yelling, STOP making stars and diamonds!! She likes there to be the same amount of all the shapes and I was Star happy and Katie delighted in making diamonds, partly because it was driving Sam crazy, lol!

So we baked them all up first until we had a load of cooling cookies.

Then Sandy made up the frosting. Mmmm the best part! We even bought a dye that claimed it would turn out red, but it was still PINK darn it all!

While we waited for the cookies to cool, we might have been showering Maxie with love. Especially me, I admit it. My pookie!

The girls even had me use a butter knife and hand cut 3 Maxie cookies. What do you think?

After the cookies cooled, we set up a station on the peninsula, Sandy even arranged them by shape, aren't we an OCD bunch?! :)

Then we began the fun part: decorating!!

post signature

And here are my Doggie cookies, hey I used the colors we had, okay?! LOL!

And here we are, the four Aproned Ladies!

Later we got to watch Julie & Julia for the first time. Mmmm that movie makes you hungry! I want to try that beef dish 3 people make in that movie!! Mmm! I loved it, I am so glad I rented it, it was totally worth the wait! And I love Stanley Tucci, he is so adorable, I just have to reiterate that. Adorable!! AND I rented Carriers to watch tonight too! They had it in only limited theaters so I was so mad! It has Chris Pine♥, Piper Perabo and Emily Van DeCamp. They are trying to outrun a virus that is ending man-kind, but find they are worse than the virus. Wahoo! LOL!

10 meaningful meanderings:

Jules AF said...

The puppies are SO CUTE.

Izzy said...

wow you guys are a cookie factory and yes I love the Puppies as well specially them being blue SUPER CUTE!!!! ^_^
and I bet they are yummy.
Oh and just so ya know I havnt seen the 10th Kingdom but Ill be looking for it now and watch it ^_^

I hope you all arefeeling much better now since the crazy car trauma I just shuttered thinking of it what chills.

<3

Michelle said...

Those are some awesome puppy cookies. I'm totally impressed. lol. How fun.

Fiauna said...

I haven't been over here for a long, long time. Your sugar cookies look amazing. I'm terrible and making sugar cookies. And the Maxie cookies were so cute.

Toriz said...

Glad you got to enjoy some baking together.

Hope you are all well, and that all goes well with Sam's surgery.


I've seen Julie And Julia... I thought it was a good movie, but it wasn't actually as good as I thought it would be. I definately agree that it makes you hungry though!

Unknown said...

I wish I was there for a cookie- I love holiday sugar cookies! They look great.

Lee said...

I wish I could've been there. I've never really gotten to make sugar cookies and ice them. It looks like fun!

Mary said...

I have been craving sugar cookies for months!!! I love the Max cookies!!

LadyStyx said...

those cookies look yummy

Cajoh said...

This is cool. I love the assembly line picture. This would be a great post for Friday's Feast. Let me know if I can link you up.

Thanx,

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such