Monday, December 21, 2009

Baking....and DONE.

Today we finished the Christmas cookies. We put the cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake oatmeal cookies, sure it is green, but it does indeed taste like carrot cake, which means SCORE!! We also iced the sugar cookies, and they look FAB-U-LOUS!! I got three new cookie cutters at Target last week, so they turned out so cute!!

We also had a batch of Magic Cookie bars baked up, so we are cookie aplenty and it makes me happy to have this one Christmas thing totally DONE! Sure, I may end up making another batch of Magic Cookie bars and maybe a double batch of Hershey Kiss PB cookies before New Year's Eve, but we are done. It is nice to be able to check off that in the list in my head!!

We got maybe 10 to 12 inches of snow. It looks beautiful but I hope someone wants to grocery sop with me tomorrow because I am not okay driving still, and now with snow and black ice?! Oy! Not fun sounding!

I also have to pick up extra groceries. Stuff for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas breakfast and Christmas dinner. Plus I will probably do my Walmart shopping too. I am hanging with Hannah on Tuesday and Wednesday, my Dad and I , are having a Daddy-Daughter day, we are going to see Avatar probably and have dinner. And then the next day is Christmas Eve, and I have to make the Stuffed Shells up before then! Agh!! It gets so crazy around the Holidays, we are not even done shopping totally so it is like, WHERE did the time GO?!!post signature

Our Hershey Kiss cookies!!

The Carrot Cake Oatmeal cookies!

The cream cheese frosting we tinted green!

Magic Cookie Bars!! Mmm!

Our tine of Sugar Cookies!!

The frosted Carrot Cake Oatmeal cookies, they have to live in the fridge!

3 meaningful meanderings:

Jules AF said...

I love Kiss cookies.

Toriz said...

Mmmm... Cookies!

I'm making some cookies on Christmas eve with my brother.

You have breakfast on Christmas day? We never bother. We figure dinner is big enough so we don't need much else. And anything else we have is generally cookies, mince pies, or some treats of some kind (chocolates are in plentiful supply in our house around Christmas time).

Lee said...

Magic cookie bars really are my favorite.
My mom makes them for Christmas every year.
They're so gooey and just MMM!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such