Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow??

Today my Dad woke me up, from me falling asleep while watching TV and told me the storm was supposed to hit around 3pm and was now forecasting 11 to 20 inches. He said with that being the case, he didn't really want me going out. But I still took my cell up with me, because if Hannah's Dad didn't tell her the same thing, maybe the storm wouldn't be so bad. But once while I checked, I got the cancel text, and was so bummed. So I decided to just SLEEP. So when I was woken, and told to get up, we had things to do, I was expecting at least 6 inches of snow to be covering the ground. Yeah there was nothing!!

I texted with Hannah and we picked a new day to hang out. Same plans, just slid back to Tuesday. Then we started baking cookies. We had nowhere to go, so we baked the Kiss cookies, and the sugar cookies and the oatmeal carrot cake cookies. Tomorrow we will ice the cookies and bake magic cookie bars. We got Katie's tv/vcr combo and put Going My Way on while we baked. It is an awesome old movie starring Bing Crosby as Father O'Malley. Such a great and heart-warming movie (it also has a follow-up movie, called The Bells of St. Mary's), you should so see it! So we spent about 3-4 hours baking. Whooo.

There was one thing that IRKED though. It didn't start snowing until almost 9pm!! And that was tiny microscopic snow! Hannah and I could totally have had dinner and hung out until at least 11pm or so, there was only about 3 or 4 inches on the ground at Midnight!! So it was like agghhh! My Dad was all sheepish, because he made Katie cancel her belly dancing gig too, and she could have done it and been back before the snow even had an inch on the ground. No, we are NOT going to let him forget this for awhile. It is too good to use! LOL! The expert on this storm was WAY off. I loved the day I had, but I am OCD and planned things are a comfort to me, and Hann and I had planned this days ago, so it not happening sucked, and then seeing that it could have happened, it was just like riling my OCD feathers! LOL!

We started The Bishop's Wife, but decided to stop it and watch it while we ice and bake tomorrow. It is such a good movie. OH, and I mean the ORIGINAL, NOT the remake with Whitney and Denzel! I love Denzel, but the remake sucked big time. No, I am talking the original Cary Grant movie. SO bloody good! I could care less if it is only available in black & white still, it is such an awesome movie!! Another rental suggestion, especially if you haven't seen it!! Then we shall ice the sugar cookies. Ice the carrot cake oatmeal ones with the cream cheese frosting my mother insisted we dye green (I worry I will think it will taste like mint, it looks like mint! LOL). And make some delicious Magic Cookie bars!! Mmmm so good! With Cary Grant smiling in front of us, he is such a hottie. Hey, he may be gone from this Earth, but he is still a hottie!! Love him! He is one of my all time faves. Some other great Cary movies are Father Goose, Arsenic & Old Lace, Bringing Up Baby, Mr. Blanding's Builds His Dream House and so many more! He is so good! And no one insult him to me, because I will pulverize you, and delete derogatory comments too. No defaming Cary Grant on this website, the man was awesome. Did you know he was offered the leading role in My Fair Lady, but had seen Rex Harrison perform it on stage and told them, if Rex wasn't cast he wouldn't even GO SEE the film!! How cool is that?! And when he retired because his daughter Jennifer was born, all these directors, included Stanley Kubrick tried to lure him back in, but he was adamant and refused. Jennifer named her son, who is 18 months old, Cary Benjamin Grant. ♥♥♥

post signature


4 meaningful meanderings:

Anonymous said...

I want cookies!!!

Lee said...

Wow, that sucks that it didn't even start snowing until late.
But better safe than sorry, right?

Toriz said...

That sucks that it turned out you cancelled for nothing.

Donna said...

That snowstorm was such a joke. It was the same for us--we were expecting to get a lot, and we only got three inches! And it didn't even start until around midnight! I hate it when the forecasters get it so wrong!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such