Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Hallow's Eve

Okay, it was a nice Halloween. Yay. Sam went out and found me and her two pumpkins. I told you everyone slacked this year and so it was last minute pumpkins. And they had NO big nes so they were like a little bigger than a cantaloupe. So they could only have traditional faces. But I was happy. I got my fix of stabbing a pumpkin and reaching my hand into it's brains and pulling the slimy guts out...it doesn't count if you don't use your HANDS!!

Then I watched as Kat made apple pies, she had a hankering and made 1 regular and 1 crumb top (the only kind I like!!)...mmmmm. And she even started working on dinner...Mexican! Ole!

I went and got ready, and Voila, I became Lil Rebel Red Riding Hood. Sam and I were both going photo crazy with our matching (mine is red though...I liked hers so mine is newer too, LOL!) cameras. Ahhh I love taking pictures!

Then at 6...how lame, we never left until 7...we got our first trick or treaters. You know, in the last house we lived in (across the street from myhigh school), we got 100's of treaters...we ran out and had to go buy more bags of candy one year...over 30 bags we went through. I bought us 15, because the bags are SMALLER I Swear!! And we have candy left over...and that was with giving all the kids 2 pieces each!! And this neighborhood is full (except for us...the weird middle class Mormons) of rich people, so they were in large groups. One group wa being hauled around on a flat bed...decorated with fake fire cauldrons and DRY ICE!! Yeah, and was lit up with pumpkin string lights and everything...which was hauled by a SWEET golf cart. Multiple golf carts were being driven tonight...I told you, the neighbors are ALL rich, so kids are constantly driving them all over the 'hood. It is SO lame and so SCARY...hello I am trying to drive a REAL car here!!

So we were eating and answering the door, but we started IT, yes all 3 hours and 8 minutes. And my Dad actually stayed with us this year. Last year he went to his room to watch tv. Yeah he and Mom don't "do" the door anymore. So it is us "girls"...not that it was that many knocks...maybe 16. SAD!

And Dad started the pellet stove (FIRE) halfway through the movie....it felt so WARM. The door had been quiet since 8:30pm....I KNOW!! I was trick or treating until like 10 at night in my last few years!! So I went and changed into WARM clothes....was sooooo cold! But I put my cape back on....I am so the only one with Hallow's Eve spirit. Kat doesn't count. She wears those pj's ALL the time. Sam had been in real clothes for awhile...before the treaters stopped. WIMP!!

Anyway, it was a really nice day. I didn't even cry today, so it was a REAL good day. I was a spaz this morning...I was speaking SO fast I was tripping over my tongue and I couldn't STOP! LOL!






Okay so I suck at getting the pictures to behave SO picture on top is...obviously me as Lil Rebel Red Riding Hood, the next pic is my shoes, had to show you my lil skulls on my shoes. Then it's me with the hood up....ooohhhhh spooky! Then it is Sam as Wednesday Adams and Kat as a 2 year old. She owns those footie pj's and had a stuffed animal...she just wanted to be WARM...and she was....smart girl! And I wanted you guys to see the sleeve tat's I wore...part of why Red was a Rebel! And my Max as a pumpkin...he went crazy ALL night whenever the doorbell rang. Now he is a dead body...barely moving!!


HEY, if you liked My Halloween Story PLEASE go Vote for me at Crash Test Dummy Diaries AND at SEWL'S!!! PLEASE...no one is voting for me!!

12 meaningful meanderings:

Deb said...

cute (oops, i mean spooooky) pics! i love how you call them "lil skulls"

i voted for you. if you think i could get away with it, i will vote multiple times. i don't want to get you disqualified or anything.

Miss Tiff said...

Nice costume. Don't be so sad about not getting alot of trick-or-treaters....we only got about 10 kids! I think the new trend is doing trunk or treat. That way kids don't get hypodermic needles for candy.

So cool you got dressed up!

Jillene said...

LOVE it!! You looked great!! I am sorry it was so cold. Here last night it was 75 when we started and when we finished it was still 67. IT WAS SO NICE!! We didn't even need jackets--matter of fact I wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt and flip flops all night!!

Kristina P. said...

You are the perfect Little Red Riding Hood!

Michelle said...

You look AWESOME!!

I think more and more people are doing the trunk or treat thing instead of the door to door thing. The last few years we've hardly gotten any trick or treaters. This year I didn't even bother buying candy.

Whitney R said...

I loved your costume! Turned out great.

I KNOW about the trick or treaters. It's weird how no one comes door to door anymore. I guess I can understand..... but even here in REXBURG - the safest town on earth. They just do trunk or treating. Going door to door was so much fun!! I did it all growing up and we stayed out later than 7, too.

The first time I saw the movie, "It" I think I was around 4? And my mom told me I couldn't watch it but I wanted to be with my older brother and his friends, so I wouldn't move. She gave up and I watched it.

I couldn't go to the bathroom without someone standing outside the door for weeks. I had nightmares. And I REMEMBER it all. I didn't watch the movie again until I was in high school.

Anonymous said...

Great costume! Can I borrow those sleeves. I like to freak people out!
We had tons of trickotreaters last night. Huge line of them at the door. I guess b/c it was really warm everyone was just outside. I'll have to post some pics.

Anonymous said...

Great costume. No It at our house. After the kids got home, and the "crowds" died down, they started watching some Halloween special on DIsney. Not sure what. We made them go to bed at 10:30---WAAAAAY late for them.

The great thing was that this morning, I don't think anyone got up before *gasp* 8:30 (also way late) because they were tired and it was raining, wich meant it was darker than usual. Woohoo, mommy slept in!

Wendy said...

YOU look SO CUTE, SO does doggy!! by the way I have a friend who lives, or use to live in Bolton CT. and I went and saw her there, are you close to Bolton?

Wendyburd1 said...

Aww Thanks!

Wendy - Bolton is like 32 miles to the border of it. Did you like CT?

Just SO said...

Love the costume Lil Rebel! That's a crazy neighborhood that you live in girl. Sounds like a fun night.

rychelle said...

love the embelishment on your shoe!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such