Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why Wendy?

So I have told you all I would tell you why my Mom and Dad picked the name Wendy. My Mom loved Peter Pan and wanted to name me Wendy after Peter Pan. Which is another reason I LOVE Tinkerbell and the characters,etc. It is PART of me.

But was that the reason they BOTH liked the name Wendy? Nope. My Dad loved the idea for a completely different reason. It was a song by his all time favorite band. The Beach Boys. I have grown up hearing him sing parts of this song, my entire life, and I LOVE that I am named partly for his favorite group, who through years of influence, I also love.

It feels special to be named for not one specific reason or love, but for two!! They both loved the name for for different reasons, so VOILA. How yours truly became a Wendy. The Marie is not so special...it went nicely WITH Wendy so that is the reason they liked it...LOL. It is that way for my sisters too. But my sisters and I, all middle named because it "sounded" good!

I also like this updated version of "Wendy" by The Descendants, it is my ringtone that plays when I call Sam.

5 meaningful meanderings:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun story!

I don't actually know where my name came from. I believe my parents just liked it, and they spelled it with a "K" because our family is Norwegian.

rychelle said...

cute story!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow that's cool! My mom said she doesn't know why she named me Brittany. LOL For all I know, she spun a globe and her finger stopped on the Brittany region of France and she said "Eh... that'll do."

Your story is way cooler.

Anonymous said...

How charming! Thanks for sharing it. You can tell your dad, though, that J.M. Barrie invented the name Wendy for the play. So, in essence, the Beach Boys name is actually a "descendant" of Wendy Darling. :)

For more Peter Pan adventure that's VERY different from all the rest, click my name!

BELIEVE!

Anonymous said...

Love that story! It fun to know where our names come from.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such