Wednesday, November 26, 2008

X-Mas Cards and LONG Mornin's...

Okay so I want anyone who would like a Christmas card from me, to email me their addresses so I can add you to my Christmas Card list. I do ALL the cards for the family, so getting extra for my awesome bloggy friends will be easy! If I have your addy and you want a card, just comment it or email me!
Anyway onto my great morning...I am being a lil sarcastic yes. LOL. So most of you know I am very much a night owl, so I was still awake this morning when my Mom got up for work. From downstairs I heard her cough...I KNOW that cough! Yes she has been sick for a few days, but it was like a cold. This however, sounded like her when she gets bronchitis. And working 5 days a week now...not good. She got downstairs and sat down to say hi to Max and started wheezing, and was like "crap". She knew, she IS the nurse. But did she agree to call in sick? No. Did she agree to go to the doctor? No, they are ALL out all week. Would she let me take her to the ER? No. A Clinic? She was not sure what she was doing yet. So I waited, she said "just give me 5 minutes to wake up and I will be fine", so I waited with her...and waited. Talked to her more and more, I could HEAR the wheezing, and she didn't like that. Finally, she said, gimme the phone and I dialed for her and she called in sick. I know she is nervous, this is her first sick day since she started at Cedar Lane in August. Plus she IS in charge of Staff Development, so that is a big hole and she is worried. They better not give her grief!! Mom agreed to let me take her to the clinic, Dad has work, Sam was asleep and Kat has school, so that leaves me, which I would have probably wanted to go with her anyway. Luckily I had NOT taken my Ambien yet! LOL!

I also looked into the CVS Minute Clinic and they didn't open unitl 8 am, so we sat flipping through channels for awhile...there was a really odd movie on with Aidan Quinn and he was a jerk of a dad...and the lil Jewish boy was gonna die, I looked it up, glad we didn't watch the whole thing. So we got to CVS and yay no one else was in line yet so we got to go first. It took quite awhile, the nurse practioner wanted to know everything... I swear all she did was click on stuff in a computer program and I swear it shoots out the answer, I COULD DO THAT! Man! Anyway Mom has Bronchitis AND Sinusitis. She got an antibiotic, a cough medicine with codeine (mmm, LOL) and nebulizer treatments. We stayed while they got the RX's ready. Shopped for new toothbrushes for Mom (purple of course, her fave color), big box of tissues, swedish fish, etc. And before she came down my Mom had slept for 13 hours and hadn't had any food for almost 18 hours!! I wanted to slap her upside the head like Gibbs does on NCIS. So we stopped at Stop and Shop's Red Box (I had movies pre-rented) and got McD's. We went back home, it was like 11 am by this time and ate. She commanded me to take my pills, even though I was SO awake and felt like hey why not just stay up all day today...I think I could have too. But she was having NONE of that. And even though she had slept for 13 hours, she went to take a bath and go to bed. Poor mama. I fell asleep on the couch, Sam woke me around 1 and pushed me up the stairs, as I drunkenly stumbled about. So I slept for about 7 hours total, and it was already dark when I got up, but I am OCD, so I HAD to go do my Tuesday errands, so I went to Walmart,etc. Got my Mom NEW Swedish fish, the CVS ones were hard as a rock...how rude!

Got home at 9 just as Sam pulled into the driveway (she HAS to have aced her test, I qizzed her for 2 and 1/2 hours on blood and the heart and junk like that) and we went in together. Mom lasted a half hour and went BACK to bed. Mmmm codeine and NyQuil....work GOOD apparently! LOL!

So yeah crazy morning, I feel so bad for my Mom, she feels like crap, and sounds like it too. She is mad too, because she will most probably NOT be going up to Auntie's for Thanksgiving, not unless a miracle of energy and stuff shoots through her on Thursday...which I see as not happening. She was looking forward to the meal, and now barely eats anything. My poor Mutti, she is weak as a kitten. If her bosses are jerks, I will so run them over...and leave reindeer prints behind. 'Tis the season!! Mwahahahaha!

10 meaningful meanderings:

Lee said...

This is going to sound so stupid, but I just asked my ex-boyfriend if mormons celebrated christmas.
Don't hit me! Ah! I don't know anything! Haha!

Deb said...

i hope she is feeling better today once the drugs have had a chance to work their magic. that crud is making its way around here, too. people are dropping like flies.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear. Larry has chronic lung issues, and I hate when I start to hear the cough. I know exactly the one you're talking about. Bummer. Hope those meds start working soon!

Jules AF said...

Send one to me! You have my address. Speaking of, I need to do the pay it forward thing.

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry to hear she is sick! I hope she's feeling better soon.

Natalie said...

I hope she feels better soon too! She's lucky to have a daughter like you at least. What mom wouldn't like to have a daughter who brings her swedish fish?

Annette Anthony said...

Yum..Swedish fish.. We are all getting some sort of cold too! Your cards look great! I have to get started! I have a great homemade chicken soup recipe. shout out if you want it for your mom! So yummy!

in time out said...

whats the pay it forward?

love Christmas cards, can't believe you do the whole family....I still haven't gotten mine out from last year....

i plan to use them this year...the kids haven't changed that much, have they.


here is my email...are you seriously planning on sending out that many.

email, cuz i love all the ways of staying in touch...

raggettysane@yahoo.com

rerah968 said...

Do you make your own Christmas cards?

Wendyburd1 said...

No alas I am too lazy to make Christmas cards, I buy them, this is just a pic from flickr. I like to personalize them though, so if I know the kids names, even dogs names, I will include it inside. I think it makes them more personal, I have like a 100 or more I send out from "the fam" then a few that are just from me, like 10 last year, and it looks like Julie and In Time Out want one, but no one else, how sad!

Yeah Mom is still feeling like crap on a stick, so she isn't going tommorrow, this is not a great start to the holiday season.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such