Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nailgun me to the Head!!

AAgghhhhhh!! It has been a painful 48 hours!!! Sunday night I did everything as usual, and fell asleep around 6:30 am...my Dad was filling the stove so I went up to my bed to sleep. And lay there, my brain had started working overdrive the second I woke up, and wouldn't shut up! I tossed and turned and nothing! So I put my TV on, thinking the noise would lull me back to sleep. Nope. Then I put my spare glasses on and watched the TV from my bed, thinking HEY, it worked when I was downstairs. Nope. So I called up Mom, wanting her opinion. I figured if I couldn't sleep I might as well go grocery shopping. She wondered if it was the fact that I am taking Lamictal but I had no idea. So her idea, go BACK downstairs and do exactly what I was going when I fell asleep before. EXACTLY. I put the movie I fell asleep to on, snuggled under the blankets with Max behind my legs and....continued to watch the movie for the next hour. SO I called Mom again and she said go for it. I knew she was happy with me doing it, because she was going with me to see my main doctor because of my tacchycardia at 4:45pm and as there is no other car available, was going to have to go WITH me. So she was happy.

So I went grocery shopping...even went and did my Tuesday shopping, toilet paper and what not from Target. I got home and unloaded everything and put it all away...and it was only 2:30pm. And no, was NOT sleepy! Katie and Sandy both got home within half an hour of each other and Katie needed people to quiz her on her last 4 tests, because her finals on on Thursday. So while Sandy plopped down in exhaustion while I quizzed (she had an externship day until she got home at 3 and had class at 6pm for 3 hours...yuck) Kat, time whirled by until Mom honked the horn.

We were his last appointment so no wait, SWEET, and I did my usual PEN thievery...I took 3 actually...since it had been SO long since my last visit...and a few magazines...what?? I am a compulsive sticky finger at the doctors, alright!!!

He came in, we congratulated him on being a grandfather for the first time, his daughter Janina just had a baby boy Aaron 3 weeks ago. And then got down to business. I told him my med was not holding up for 24 hours anymore, that I'd been having to double up increasingly over the last few months until it was like 5 out of 7 days that I was doubling up, in essence self-medicating. He decided I needed to double up every day and in one month if things are still bad, I have to do a halter monitor, either for one day or one MONTH!! Aggghhh! I did the 24 hour one once before and it SUCKED. That could be another story...or tiny blurb at least, so anyway...that what I am doing for my tacchycardia for now.

Got home and we had dinner and watched Bones...and I drifted in and out of consciousness. They all wanted me to take my pills and go to sleep but I was belligerent...and scared...I did not want to wake up and not go to sleep again, so for around 4 hours I drifted in and out. Then was like, MAN!! I have to pre-rent my redbox movies...and started to wake up. I went and woke up my Mom just too say goodnight, and all of a sudden, the fact that I hadn't unwrapped and taken off any stickers from "Tropic Thunder" got STUCK. And then I couldn't find it, and searched and looked, until I was on OCD trembling mess. I went to just ask Mom quickly again if she had any idea, and sat there until I freaked her out when she noticed me...oops. I didn't mean for her too, but she got up to help, seeing my OCD was bad, and she had mentioned what if someone had put it with the Christmas decoration boxes, where we were storing the regular knick-knacks, it made no sense but I looked, while she visited the lil girls room. Nope, but as I headed for the stairs I saw some of my notebooks and junk from upstairs and a CVS bag was sitting there...YES I had found it, along with my missing deodorants,etc that I had bought awhile ago! I ran upstairs, my Mom was asking Sandy who was asleep, and she went back downstairs with me and hugged me and told me to calm down as I babbled apologies. She told me that I am already so OCD lately and am running on no sleep, so she tried to calm me down, but I was trembling. SO she started craving warm chocolate milk, so she sat with me for about 15 minutes, until I was a bit better and she was finished with her milk. She MADE me take my pills right then at 4am and I was gone soon after.

She woke me about 4 hours later and I rushed upstairs tired but my brain was getting a lil awake so I was worried. She told me to settle down and try...and after maybe 20 minutes I was gone again, waking a few times, but slept until 8 pm!!! Hey I was making up TWO nights of sleep! I had to tear down to the Redbox, because I thought Kat had picked them up and I had only 20 minutes left before they could charge me AND give my movies away!! So I watched Dark Night (man it is LONGER than I remembered and not as good as the first time) and Horton Hears A Who (cute).

Only one thing bugged me so my night was frustrating. My internet wouldn't work!! ALL night I tried! And it didn't make sense since the main computer worked and I don't have all my bookmarks and stuff set up on there, so I had to wait. My Dad turned the router on and then off and VOILA it is finally working...obviously. But I am extremely bad it is after 10am but I HAD to post so no one thought I was dead or anything...mmm I was gonna say something but feared I'd be smacked upside the head through the computer by all my wonderful bloggy buddies.

It has been absolutely a stressful 48 hours, add the whole doing really crappy and brain never shutting up when I am awake...and you can plainly see, life sucks right now.

So seriously, anyone wanna take a nail gun or something and bash my brain in, so all I feel is sweet oblivion....man I should take my pills...HEY!! I didn't get up until 8pm and you now know why...mostly...so gimme a break. I shall take them right now, I will have to comment on YOUR posts tommorrow OKAY?, and lay down to fall asleep! Good Morning, Good Evening and Goodnight!!

12 meaningful meanderings:

Jules AF said...

Man, that sucks! I'm sorry about your inability to sleep. I don't know what I would do in that situations!

Jillene said...

Sorry that you can't sleep!! That really sucks. Take your pills and go off to sleepy land and don't worry about commenting on blogs--you need some rest!!

Kristina P. said...

Wendy, I just want to echo was Julie and Jillene said. I hope you can get lots of rest!

Annette Anthony said...

Nighty NIGHT..Poor girl, I know that everyone has slight OCD-nesses. Being able to get a glimpse of someone who suffers from it and so many other things. I am touched, that I can. I hope you are taking the best care of yourself possible. Your mother and father seem like the best parents EVER!

in time out said...

good to hear from you again...sorry under such duress. hope you get some sleep...

Anonymous said...

oh girl girl girl... you have gone through so much! I am sorry!!!

Gillie said...

SO sorry that you can't sleep. I would go postal.

Blog is my Co-Pilot said...

ummm, no nail gun here...sorry. But I hopre you find some comfort AND some rest soon.

Cajoh said...

It's always an adjustment when your medication changes. Good luck with it.

Speaking of internet connections… I'll have to write that story of when our wireless adapter got killed by a pumpkin. I'll keep you posted.

XO Marie said...

Wendy, thank-goodness for Mom's your's sounds so wonderful! Hang-in there !! Marie

Alyson | New England Living said...

Hope you managed to get some sleep! Life is simply impossible without sleep.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you get regulated soon. It's nasty having your sleep schedule so off, or non-existent. Be well.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such