Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chiropractic Solutions


So I went and saw my chiropractor, and man I had so much paperwork to fill out. I also could tell it had been WAY too long since I had been there because when he walked into the room and had all gray hair, I was like WHAT THE...?!! I swear he had all brunette-ness last time I saw him and I don't think it was that long ago!

He asked a lot of questions, but wanted to exam me, which essentially meant, he hurt me. I know, I know. He had to press areas and find out how much pain it caused me to tell how bad it was, and had to press certain areas REALLY flippin' hard to tell where he needed to work on me, but holy crap! It hurt so bad. I told him my headache was a 6 out of 10, and my neck pain was a 9 out of 10, so I could only tell him to lighten his touch if it was above a pain level of 6! And it was, a lot of the time, but he was quite pleased. I know he's no sadist, and really loves his work, so it was all about how he is positive he can help me. He wants me back on Thursday, and told me I can walk and I can lay down, but I am not supposed to sit. Yeah, that is hard to do. He told me since my head felt too heavy for my neck and all the places I felt pain the most, that sitting only puts more pressure on the pain, and I need to avoid aggravating it. SO I write to you now, as I did last night too (sorry thought last nights post was enough for one night), laying on the couch with my laptop in duh, my lap, but it is hard to type like this and difficult on my muscles, so this bites. But as it was the only way I could convince the 'rents I could still go online, I will suffer through it. Hey, at least I don't have to participate in yard work this weekend. I may be able to walk but he said no hunching over, so I am pretty sure picking up bloody sticks from the yard counts as pressure on my neck, so one good thing came from all of this...I HATE picking up sticks!

So I will be at the chiro or well...here...laying on my back for 2 weeks. That is when he thinks it will be better. And as for the migraines, he thinks they could all go away forever maybe, but if not, he has a migraine clinic going on...yay for me. I do love Dr.S, he is so nice and jovial, you couldn't hate him if you wanted to, and I love to hate doctors, so yeah, he is THAT nice. I am really sick of doctor appointments though. In the last week and a half, I have been to my regular doctor, my nuerologist, the hospital for a catscan, my psychiatrists', and now my chiropractor. And I have to see him Thursday.

He ended up cracking some stuff and my head felt decent, and then he did the therapy where electrodes are placed on my neck and a hot towel over those and he turns it as far up until it hurts and turns it back down to before it hurt, and I sit there for 15 minutes. But the nurse didn't offer me a pillow so my face had to go in the hole and that hurt my jaw and forehead and I ended up leaving with my headache back in full force and feeling really tired. My Mom wants him to do the electrodes first next time and then adjust me, because I had been feeling decent until the face squish.LOL! I have such a diverse vocabulary!!

10 meaningful meanderings:

Just SO said...

Sorry it hurt you go to the chiro. I hope you get feeling better.

Jules AF said...

I don't know if I could go to a chiropractor. I've always heard such bad, sketchy things about them!

Lee said...

It's funny, actually.
Not that you're in pain, but that I've been going to the chiropractor around the same time as you.
He adjusted me and I got a splitting headache. He laid me back down, pressed my sinuses, I went OH GOD THAT HURTS, and he went "Ahh... okay. There it is." And snapped my neck.
Headache went away, temporarily at least. But they always come back.
He says I have to come in 3 times a week for 3 weeks.

As for colleges, as you said. I can't do Florida. I like heat, but I like dry heat. Florida is SO humid.
I'm looking at Ol' Miss and a few others.

Anonymous said...

For some reason when I hear/see the work chiropractor my mind says "Eek!". And then you said "cracking" and I literally shuddered....

Anonymous said...

I don't know who it was that said doctors have gentle hands because that's totally a lie.

rychelle said...

i hope you can find something that works!

Donna said...

That actually sounds pretty relaxing! I hope it will be something that works out for you and helps with your pain.

Sheri, RN said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I have a few awards for you to pick up over at my Blog. :)

Anonymous said...

My head always hurts when I leave there. Sometimes I wonder if I hurt more going out than I did going iN!

LadyStyx said...

*shudders at the word crack*

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such