Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's THAT Time Again...Plus...



Guess what time it is people?? Oh...right, I'm new to this whole blog thing so you are unaware of what time it is. Well now that it is officially Fall, I dye my hair a deeper shade of red to celebrate the Autumn-ness of the season. I know, your jaws just hit the floor, you are shocked that I am NOT actually a natural redhead. It shocks a lot of people actually! I have been dyeing it for about 12 years now, and people who have known me since forever have even finally accepted it, and told me that it suits me! And that's the flaming bright red! Even my Aunt Maureen, the natural redhead of the family, has finally given her approval! Yay!
In fact, recently my Mom and youngest sister Sam informed me I shouldn't ever go back to blonde as it doesn't look right on me...even though technically it's my natural haircolor (dirty blonde). I wasn't quite sure how to take that, there's a compliment in there, yet almost an insult too...hmmm.
But I digress. So it is time to go from flaming red to deep auburn red. And here it is, what do you think? Now don't worry, it will be back to it's fiery red either by Christmas or for New Years, this is just to shake things up and be seasonal!
And I just finished the very long process of correcting my front teeth. I had bionators in grade school to correct my over bite, I had braces in junior high to fix my teeth. But my two front teeth went right back. SO in high school I had braces again...guess what? Right back to where they were before. Sure the braces had fixed all the other teeth, but your two front teeth, front upper teeth, are crucial. I've even had to perfect a fake smile where I know exactly where my lower lip is, so it covered the crooked tooth! So my parents had decided they wanted to do this for me, get my teeth to a point where I wasn't self-conscious when I smiled. So after countless pain, both mental and physical (if you really want to know the whoooollle process you can ask) I finally had my four top front teeth drilled to nubs and had temps put on and about two weeks ago I had the permanents put on. So that pic of me smiling is with my brand new smile and not a hint of feeling self conscious of my smile! Yipee!!

5 meaningful meanderings:

Kristina P. said...

I love the fiery red! It suits you!

And I think someone needs to enter my giveaway for some delicious cupcakes! They make everything better.

rychelle said...

wendy -

thanks for visiting my blog! i love new stalkers!!

and i've added you to my reader, so i can stalk you right back. the beginning of a perfect e-friendship =)

love the hair!

Amander said...

Dyeing your hair red is a great way to celebrate fall! I keep wanting to dye my hair dark brown again (I am naturally a dirty blond as well), but it is such a pain to go back to blond that I have resisted.

And your new smile looks great!

Wendyburd1 said...

Aww thanks you guys!

MedSchoolWife said...

Yay, I LOVE the deep red. I think you should keep it year-round. And your smile looks amazing :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such