Tuesday, September 30, 2008

17 Kids and Counting...


Okay so I am Mormon/LDS, but this show scares me. Sure, I am used to big families, but this is more than a family, this is more than a sports team!!Heck with Mom + Dad they could be their own branch if they were Mormons! The mother is pregnant with child number 18 and will keep on going until God doesn't want her to have any more. I'm not even sure if she uses birth control or leaves it up to God. Which.Is.Insane!
And Mrs. Duggar insists on naming them ALL names that begin with J. Okay I know a family from my Ward who did that too. But that was with 4 kids people!! Not 18! They've got a Joy-Anna and a JoHannah...isn't that just a little too close sounding to anyone else?!! And Mrs.D has been pregnant 135 months of her life, that's over 11 years of being pregnant...doesn't anyone else want to squeeze their knees together and go "ouuuuchhh"? All I want to do is say to the husband, Jim Bob (yes seriously) get a snip-snip and stay off your bloody wife!!
This is a show I only see bits and pieces of as I am obsessed with John & Kate Plus 8 (pregnancies? 2 ), and every time I see it, I feel so sorry for these children with their J names all dressed alike, all having chores or "jurisdictions" as they call them, and they may have a huge mansion of a house since Jim Bob (oh I feel ill) invests smartly, but how much alone time can you get? And they're home schooled, how do they make any friends?? Every older child is saddled with at least one if not two of the tiny tots or babies. It's like they are already Mom's and Dad's but the oldest kid is 20! They do all the chores, the older girls do over 200 loads of laundry a month. And supposedly, all the kids are okay with everything...what kid is okay with everything about their family?!
Okay...I just needed to vent...these people are just insane!! Snip snip Jim Bob! Before your wife's ovaries just fall off!!

5 meaningful meanderings:

Kristina P. said...

I'm SURE they don't use birth control. I belong to a message board, where they are always a very hot topic. Some people feel like they are abusive by making the older kids take care of the younger kids, etc.

rychelle said...

i haven't seen this show yet, but i've heard about it.
crazy!
maybe she just hates having her period every month (i know i do),so this is her solution. ;)

Brigitte said...

I've never even heard of that show! 18 KIDS!! Insane! And the whole J name thing... my cousins did that and they have eight kids. It is so confusing! There's a Jena (pronounced like Gina) and a Jenna. Seriously! They are crazy though and make shoes out of tires and have their own dump in the backyard because the dad doesn't want to pay "the man" (aka - the city) to take their garbage away. Crazy huh?!

btw I love John & Kate plus 8. She is so darn organized! I'm inspired by her.

Wendyburd1 said...

Kate scares me but I'm in awe at how organized with those 8, she is. I'm like Wow I want that in my house!! Jon rocks though, he IS a rock and is so laid back, I am jealous!

Kayleigh said...

Haha, I don't even know if you'll read this comment, but I read this post and I had to comment.

These people terrify me, and basically everything you said in this post is my opinion exactly.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such