Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bad Cops, Good Movie


Well I went and saw Lakeview Terrace tonight...and now it really bothers me that there IS a cop that lives in my neighborhood. I don't even know which neighbor, so it's crazy like, I just know that one of these houses outside my window has a cop...and maybe it's Samuel L. Jackson's cop!! He was seriously really good as a cop you do NOT want to meet in any situation. You do not want to be a bad guy he catches and you do NOT want to be his "friend"! And he has everybody fooled, so seriously, who can you turn to?! Jackson has been so good at being the good guy (ex. The Negotiator), that until you see him in something like this, you forget how good he is at being the extremely bad guy.
The movie really was good, and I applaud Patrick Wilson for his portrayal of Chris, the new neighbor being harassed...it has got to be difficult to play opposite Samuel L. Jackson in a movie that you are in most of, but that revolves around Sam. And he holds his own I have got to say. Wilson has not been in very many movies that I have seen but he held his own as the pissed off Chris with a neighbor from Hell. And Kerry Washington as his beautiful wife, was also good, I just wish she'd have gotten to play less the "help the little woman" and more the "you messin' with me fool?" woman. She so has it in her. So I recommend it, especially if you like Samuel L.

And then we went and picked up food from Tokyo restaurant on Queen Street. I love their chicken tempura, Sam loves the Boston rolls...I was really hoping to like sushi, even cooked sushi...soooo NOT my thing. I am just too picky when it comes to food. Now I am about to watch some horror movies I rented on Tuesday. Breathing Room and Pathology. I am hoping they are good, and do not turn out to be ones where it looks like they used a personal camcorder, or ones that are so stupid or hokey, that it makes you stupider for having watched it....and yes I have seen MANY of those. It's like a car wreck, you can't look away!!

0 meaningful meanderings:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Awards and Such